An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in america in 2017, relating to a Pew Research Center analysis of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this analytical profile are individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this consists of immigrants from Colombia and people whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning residing in america, accounting for 2% for the U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million on the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, regarding the Hispanic populace in 2017.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. born|
Pew Research Center
Listed here key facts compare demographic and financial traits associated with population that is colombian-origin the U.S. because of the faculties of U.S. Hispanics while the U other.S. populace overall. It really is predicated on Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with 2017 American Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics within the U.S., about 33% are foreign created, compared to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians will be in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have acquired at the very least a bachelorвЂ™s degree, in contrast to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians ages 25 and older, the U.S. born are far more most most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- Among U.S. Hispanics, the median yearly personal profits for people many years 16 and older ended up being $25,000, in contrast to $28,600 for Colombians.
- Evaluating full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics obtained lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, as do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is similar to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians within the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The age that is median of Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) as well as the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less likely to want to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be married compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. Hispanic women ages 15 to 44 gave delivery within the 12 months before the July 2017 American Community Survey. The price for Colombian females ended up being 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or speak English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the information
Other U.S. Hispanic reality sheets
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated we blog post examine the Latino populace for the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographical, demographic and characteristics that are economic all Latinos as well as for each Latino origin team. They’ve been according to Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) together with 2000 U.S. census that is decennial.
The ACS could be the biggest home study in america, with an example greater than 3 million details. It covers the subjects formerly covered within the long type of the census that is decennial. The ACS is made to offer quotes regarding the size and faculties associated with resident population, which include people located in households and team quarters. To get more information regarding the ACS, such as the sampling strategy and linked error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 American Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The precise information sources for those fact sheets would be the 1% examples of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) given by the University of Minnesota in addition to 5% sample associated with the 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, into the degree feasible, to data gathered by the decennial census and the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To find out more about IPUMS, including adjustable meaning and sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
As a result of variations in the method by which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and assign poverty status, information supplied on these subjects might vary from information which can be supplied by the Census Bureau.
Voir aussi :